Sunday, November 6, 2011

A loving discourse between a bomb and the ground

"I have fallen for you, my darling," he said.

"But this is all happening so fast," she said.
"Maybe we should take things slower."

"Don't you feel the attraction between us?
We are meant to be together."

"Yes, but I'm afraid of being hurt again."

"Are you really afraid of me?
I love you more than anyone ever will."

"I know, my darling, I'm just scared.
Please, please don't hurt me -
I've been hurt before."

"I'm not like the others - I love you.
You can trust me."

"I do trust you - I'm sorry, I'm sorry..."

"Hush, my love - we will be together very soon.
Together forever."

"You are so good to me."

"No one loves you like I do."

"I know - oh, come to me, my love,
I'm sorry I ever doubted you."

"I fly swiftly to you.
I long to touch you."

"My arms are open to receive you."

"We grow closer by the moment."

"I can hear your breathing."

"And I hear your heartbeat - it is racing so."

"Is this real? It seems so much like a dream."

"Yes, and I give myself all to you."

"I am yours."

"You are mine."

"Oh!"

The night became ablaze
with the fire of their passion,
and a cloud bloomed like a rose,
signaling to the world
the consummation of their love.

No comments: